Galileo Capital is looking for a self-managed and self-motivated individual with the ability to evaluate, validate, transform, and organise data with a strong focus in minimising mistakes and risks to join the company as a junior database administrator/systems analyst. The appointee will assist the Information Technology Project Manager with – the daily upkeep of the internal Data warehouse; the developing of internal IT solutions to improve business processes; administrative tasks in respect of managing client portfolios; business analysis and project management of smaller projects. The successful applicant must be a focused individual who will follow an orderly, detailed, and systematic approach to work, with a high level of accuracy whilst also being able to work under pressure. The successful applicant must be able to liaise with internal and external business stakeholders in a respectful and business-like manner and have clear and concise communication skills in English – verbal, writing and telephonic, and be able to work in a team.
The successful applicant must maintain best practice standards; understand and comply with all present and future statutory and regulatory requirements regarding specific financial products and legal framework that applies to the financial services industry, personal character qualities, qualification requirements, experience requirements and professional conduct.
- Fiduciary duties
- Ownership of responsibilities and tasks
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to work with a range of personalities
- Risk Management approach and admitting mistakes
- Data administration and management skills.
- Experience in a modern object-oriented programming language i.e. Java, Python, C# etc.
- Superior competency in data structures and algorithms.
- Competency in data science and technologies
- SQL Database Management experience
- Advanced MS Excel experience
- Power BI experience will be advantageous
- Superior numeracy and mathematical skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Analytical and detail orientated
- Demonstrate excellent planning skills
- Articulate complexity in a simple way
- Strong time management and effective implementation skills.
- Matric Certificate
- A relevant Information Technology qualification is a requirement; BSc CS or BCom CS is preferred but other qualifications may be considered based on experience.
- Must be a South African citizen.
Please forward your CV and proof of qualifications to the practice manager in JHB, Gerda van der Linde: email@example.com before 16 October 2021