We understand that your personal information is important to you and that you may be apprehensive about disclosing it. Your privacy is just as important to us and we are committed to safeguarding and processing your information in a lawful manner.
We also want to make sure that you understand how and for what purpose we process your information. If for any reason you think that your information is not processed in a correct manner, or that your information is being used for a purpose other than that for what it was originally intended, you can contact our Information Officer.
You can request access to the information we hold about you at any time and if you think that we have outdated information, please request us to update or correct it.
|Our Information Officer’s Contact Details|
|Name||Robert Aspeling; Gerda van der Linde|
|Contact Number||011 502 8810|
|Email Address:||email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org|
Galileo Capital (Pty) Ltd
Fountain Grove Office Park, 5 Second Road, Hyde Park. Johannesburg. 2195.
Organisation E-mail address: email@example.com
The Organisation is an authorised financial services provider with FSP nr 21239. We currently render financial services in the following product categories – investments including shares, money market instruments, debentures and securitized debt, bonds, derivative instruments, securities and instruments, participatory interest in hedge funds, participatory instruments in a collective investment scheme, retail pension benefits; long -term insurance policies including life investment policies and sinking fund policies.
The source of collection of your personal information:
We collect personal information directly from the following data subjects:
- Prospective clients who enquire about our financial services
- Clients who have appointed a Galileo Capital financial representative as their financial planner
- Policyholders and investment holders who enter into an investment product with an insurer/ investment platform/ investment house/ asset management company via Galileo Capital
- Individuals making appointments with a Galileo Capital financial planner for an hourly consultation.
Personal information is collected directly from you through the completion of an online appointment request, completion of a financial summary on request, completion of an online investment application form, during a consultation, any online forms you complete. These forms are completed either electronically or in hard copy. You may also be requested to provide your personal information during your consultation with a financial planner.
We may also collect information about you from other sources such as external third parties which include product providers such as Allan Gray, Nedgroup Investments, OUTvest, Ninety One, SwissQuote, Ashburton International, Glacier, Old Mutual, PSG Wealth, Coronation, Currency Partners, Easy Equities, FNB Stockbroking and Portfolio Management and Momentum with whom we may share you as a client. We may also collect information about you from other sources such as Astute, and THIS IS ME with your permission to verify investment and FICA information for your convenience. Lastly we may also collect information from cookies on our website.
Law authorising or requiring collecting of the personal information:
As an authorised financial services provider, we are obligated in terms of the following legislation to collect your personal information insofar as it relates to the rendering of the relevant financial services to you:
- Financial Advisory and Intermediaries Services Act 37 of 2002;
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001;
- Insurance Act 18 of 2017;
- Short-Term Insurance Act 53 of 1998;
- Long-Term Insurance Act 52 of 1998;
Purpose for Processing your Information:
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information mainly to provide you with access to the services and products that we provide. We will only process your information for a purpose you would reasonably expect, including:
- Complying with the obligations contained in the contract concluded between yourself and Galileo Capital
- Providing you with advice, products and services that suit your needs and as requested by you
- To verify your identity as required by the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001
- To issue, administer and manage your investments and other needs
- To process claims and to assisting you to change investments from one product provider to another
- To notify you of new products or services that may be of interest to you
- To confirm, verify and update your details
- To comply with any legal and regulatory requirements.
Some of your information that we hold may include, your first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, your title, birth date, gender, occupation, qualifications, past employment, residency status, your investments, assets, liabilities, investments, income, expenditure and your banking details.
Some of the aforementioned personal information may be mandatory to provide within the context of product providers’ requirements and disclosures.
Failing to provide compulsory information may lead to our organisation’s inability to carry out the functions necessary to perform as an authorised financial services provider.
Third parties and your personal information
We may need to share your information to third parties that provide advice, reports, analyses, products or services that you have requested. Where we share your information, we will take all precautions to ensure that the third party will treat your information with the same level of protection as required by us.
These third parties may include:
- The Compliance Officer of the Galileo Capital (where applicable);
- Analytics and search engine providers assisting in the enhancement of our websites;
- Information Technology specialists assisting us with data storage, security, processing, analytics, etc;
- Auditors of Galileo Capital;
- Regulatory or governmental authorities such as the Financial Sector Conduct Authority and the Prudential Authority;
- Allan Gray, Ninety One, Nedgroup Investments, OUTvest, Glacier, Old Mutual, Momentum, PSG Wealth, SwissQuote, Ashburton Investments, Coronation, Easy Equities, Currency Partners, FNB Stockbroking and Portfolio Management.
- If you have entered into a long-term insurance product, Galileo Capital may share your information as part of its statutory and reporting obligations with: Sanlam, Old Mutual, Momentum, Allan Gray and Ninety One and Nedgroup Investments.
- If you have entered into a pension fund benefits product, Galileo Capital may share your information as part of its statutory and reporting obligations with: Allan Gray, Ninety One, Nedgroup Investments, OUTvest, Glacier, Old Mutual, Momentum, , Coronation.
- If you have entered into a long term and/or short term deposit, Galileo Capital may share your information as part of its statutory and reporting obligations with: Investec Bank.
- If you have entered into a Structured Deposit, Galileo Capital may share your information as part of its statutory and reporting obligations with: Investec Bank.
The Transfer of your personal information outside of the Republic of South Africa
Your information may be hosted on servers managed by a third-party service provider, which may be located outside of South Africa. The third-party service providers are located in:
- Jersey, Channel Islands
We confirm that the level of protection afforded to your personal information by that third country or international organisation is equal to the protection afforded by the POPI Act.
Complaints and objections
As a data subject, you have the right to –
- Request that we confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold personal information about you;
- Request that we provide you with a description of the personal information we hold about you, and to explain why and how it is being processed (please request Personal Information Request Form from Information Officer);
- Request that we consider your objections to the processing of your personal information (please request POPI Complaint Form from Information Officer);
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator (please request POPI Complaint Form from Information Officer).
The Information Regulator
In the event that your personal information has not been processed in accordance with the POPI Act and the principles set out above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
For further information regarding the complaints process, please visit the website of the Information Regulator, as indicated below.
Alternatively, you may contact the Information Regulator for further assistance:
The Information Regulator: Adv Pansy Tlakula
Physical Address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001